Acyclovir Zovirax Ointment 30g
Generic Zovirax (Acyclovir) ointment is an antiviral medicine that is applied to the genitals during the initial onset of symptoms. Acyclovir topical ointment can help sores heal faster, prevent further spreading and suppress outbreaks by up to 80% when used in conjunction with an oral antiviral herpes medication.
What Type Of Herpes Does Acyclovir Ointment Treat?
Acyclovir (Zorivax) ointment is prescribed to treat active genital herpes outbreaks. Genital herpes is caused by the Herpes Simplex 2 (HSV-2) virus. Blisters and sores appear around the genitals and rectum. Acyclovir is the active ingredient in brand Zorivax.
What Is The Difference Between Acyclovir Ointment And Cream?
Acyclovir in the form of a topical cream or lip treatment is prescribed for oral herpes caused by the Herpes Simplex 1 (HSV-1) virus. The ointment is specifically for use on the genitals.
Benefits Of Acyclovir Topical Ointment:
- Can help sores heal faster
- Can prevent further spreading of breakout
- Suppresses outbreaks by 80% (estimated) when used in conjunction with an oral antiviral herpes medication.
How Do I Use Acyclovir
Acyclovir ointment is used to treat initial outbreaks of genital herpes. It is commonly applied about 6 times a day or every 3 hours for 7 days. However, your doctor may provide other directions. Always follow what your doctor says.
To ensure that we provide you with the best price, we may substitute one generic for another.
Before using acyclovir ointment:
Tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to acyclovir, valacyclovir (Valtrex), any other medications, or any of the ingredients in acyclovir cream or ointment. Ask your pharmacist for a list of the ingredients.
- Tell your doctor and pharmacist what other prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take. Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you have or have ever had any condition that affects your immune system such as human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) or acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while using acyclovir, call your doctor.
What should I do if I forget a dose?
Apply the missed dose as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not apply extra ointment to make up for a missed dose.
Topical acyclovir may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
- Dry or cracked lips
- Flaky, peeling, or dry skin
- Burning or stinging skin
- Redness, swelling, or irritation in the place where you applied the medication
Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of these symptoms, call your doctor immediately:
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Swelling of the face, throat, lips, eyes, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs
Topical acyclovir may cause other side effects. Call your doctor if you have any unusual problems while using this medication.
If you experience a serious side effect, you or your doctor may send a report to the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program online http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatchor by phone (1-800-332-1088).
This Product Is FSA/HSA Eligible
Score! You may purchase this product by simply using your FSA/HSA debit card at checkout.
How Do I Use My FSA/HSA Debit Card At MintRx?
- Place all of your qualifying items in your cart. All MintRx prescriptions, including our custom-made medications, are approved for FSA and HSA purchase. Also, use your FSA/HSA debit for qualified over-the-counter items such as at-home lab tests and acne treatments. We've marked each FSA/HSA eligible item with a badge.
- Make your purchase using your debit card.
What If I Want To Purchase Items That Are Not FSA/HSA Approved?
If you are also buying non-eligible FSA/HSA items, you are required to make a separate transaction.
What Are FSA and HSA Accounts?
FSA's and HSA's are federal programs that make it easy for you to enjoy significant tax benefits for qualified out-of-pocket medical expenses. Each program works a little differently but with each you avoid federal, state and local income taxes on any funds that you use for qualified medical expenses.
FSA tax benefits are administered by your job. Funds in an amount that you decide —within the program limits—are withdrawn from your paycheck without any payroll tax deductions.
Tax benefits with an HSA may be administered that way but there are also other options.
How Do I Use My FSA/HSA Funds?
You can use a pre-loaded debit card or get reimbursed from your FSA or HSA account after you make your purchase or a combination of both methods.