What Does Flattening The Curve Mean?
When an epidemic occurs, the number of cases soar, creating a spike that outpaces countermeasures. The space (time) between cases is short. Flattening the curve, means to slow the spread so that the cases become intermittent. The spike flattens and widens, as shown in the graph below.
What can you do to help yourself, your community and the world (truly make a difference globally)? The necessity of "Think Globally. Act Locally" is being played out in real time.
Medical experts, government leaders and hospitals are urging the use of telemedicine as a first-line treatment.* If you think you may have coronavirus*, a remote doctor's visit may reduce the strain on the US health care system. Learn about our MintRx Covid-19 telemedicine treatment with 2-way video.
Boost Your Immunity Now
However overwhelming, the pandemic is, it doesn't mean you 're powerless. Just as scientists are rushing to create new therapies to treat COVID-19, there are new treatments to strengthen your immune system. Peptide therapy and growth hormone boosters with drugs like ibutamoren and the peptides sermorelin and ipamorelin are seen as game changers.
Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (bHRT) with testosterone, estrogen and other sex hormones when used under the guidance of an expert in bHRT and ongoing labs testing are also helping restore balance and support physical and emotional health.
In a recent clinical study, researchers reported they reversed the biological age of study participants.
- Although these "orders" in many states are really only recommendations, you can make them your own personal order. Help protect your frontline health care providers, your community, and those at high risk and with weakened immunity.
- Strategize how you can strictly practice Sheltering-in-Place. For a visualization of how your sacrifice can make a difference, watch a digital simulation of how fast the COVID-19 can take over if every individual does not do everything in their power to stay at home, unless they must leave for essential reasons as defined by the Department of Homeland Security.
Know The Symptoms
Up Your Personal Hygiene
- Wash your hands with soap and water. Don't touch your face, mouth or eyes. Use hand sanitizer with a minimum of 60% isopropyl alcohol if you don't have immediate access to soap and water.
- Hand sanitizers are now restocked. Order them from reliable sources.
- Visit the CDC website often.
- Find your local municipality website and check it frequently.
Health and well-being usually center around balance. Balance is always tricky, especially in moments of crisis, but now it's vital to safeguard your whole being. Here are some tips:
- Use this time to enjoy your family and pets.
- Dig out your list of New Year's Resolutions. Gyms are closed; so try working out at home, at your doctor's discretion. Watch a workout video on YouTube.
- Have you been meaning to improve your diet and lose weight? You have time now to do the research and cook. Just don't do anything drastic unless you can check with your doctor first.
Indulge Yourself And Your Loved Ones
- Treating yourself in a healthy way can ease tension and increase solidarity among the people in your "Shelter" space.
- There's a reason Netflix stock is on the rise. It's OK to binge on movies and TV shows. Of course, don't neglect your responsibilities. Balance!
- Lavish your furry family members with TLC and keep them safe. Be sure to also stay up to date on how you can protect your pets during this uncertainty.
*If you develop emergency warning signs for COVID-19, get medical attention immediately.
Emergency warning signs include but are not limited to:
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion or inability to arouse
- Bluish lips or face