Common 30-Day Supply: 30
MintRx's bioidentical progesterone capsules are custom made just for you. As your body and hormones change, our expert compounding pharmacists in partnership with physicians can adjust the formula for you. Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) with progesterone may prevent the risk of impaired cognitive function tied to low progesterone. Progesterone treatment may also enable women with certain medical histories to use Estrogen Replacement Therapy (ERT).
Prescription Product: We will ask for your prescription information after checkout.
Balance Your Hormones And Keep Them There With Customized HRT
The natural decline in female hormones as early age 30 and especially after menopause can produce unpleasant symptoms and medical conditions that put women's overall health at risk. HRT with the sex hormones estrogen, progesterone, pregnenolone, DHEA and testosterone are prescribed to relieve some of these symptoms. The average age of menopause in the US is 51.
Unfortunately, certain medical histories can limit the hormones a woman can take. The risk may outweigh the benefit. For example, boosting estrogen may prevent osteoporosis in postmenopausal women but ERT may increase the risk for breast cancer in some women.
Benefits Of Progesterone For HRT
Low progesterone has been shown to impair verbal memory and overall cognitive function in postmenopausal women.1 Balancing progesterone may prevent and improve cognitive impairment caused by low progesterone.
Adding progesterone to estrogen replacement treatment may also reduce the risks that ERT therapy alone may pose.
Typically progesterone is added to ERT for women with an intact uterus. This is mainly because estrogen therapy alone may cause abnormal thickening of the uterine lining. This increases the risk for uterine conditions such as endometrial hyperplasia and endometrial cancer. Progesterone therapy may reduce the risk by thinning the uterine lining.2
Additionally, studies show that adding natural progesterone to HRT instead of synthetic (conjugated) progestins may reduce the risk of breast cancer that ERT may cause.3 This means that women with a history of certain estrogen positive cancers or fear the risks of ERT and/or may be unable to use ERT may have the opportunity. The brand medication Premarin is an example of conjugated progestin. It is made from pregnant horse mare urine.
The bioidentical progesterone used in this formula is plant-based and produced from diosgenin, an extract of the wild yam. The diosgenin must undergo a 3-step chemical process done in a lab to produce progesterone. Studies show that eating the wild yam is not effective for HRT or ERT.
Bioidentical progesterone is the active ingredient in brand Prometrium.
What Does Progesterone Do In Women?
In premenopausal women progesterone is responsible for the shedding of the uterine lining which results in a woman's period.
What Is Compounded Medicine?
Compounded medications are made by experts who develop recipes specifically for each patient based on their medical condition and needs. They are prepared in small batches and do not require commercial fillers and preservatives that industrial pharmaceuticals require for a long shelf life. Custom-compounded medications may cost up to 50% to 75% less than commercial prescriptions.
MintRx's expert compounding pharmacists create customized prescriptions from scratch using the same active ingredients found in commercially available prescriptions and obtains medications from FDA-approved sources.
Why Buy Compounded Medicine From MintRx?
With the benefit of personalized medicine at affordable prices, MintRx's solutions provide relief for your mind as well as your body. Private, free shipping with the convenience of auto refills and online medical consultations help you continue your HRT.
MinRx is a US certified pharmacy and is accredited by the Pharmacy Compounding Accreditation Board (PCAB).
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Please consult your physician before starting any exercise or nutritional supplement program before using this or any products if you are pregnant or have a serious medical condition.
1 Fiore, Kristina Post-Menopause Brain Drain Tied to Progesterone - Estrogen levels after menopause may have no impact on cognitive function, but progesterone levels might, researchers found. MedPage Today. https://www.medpagetoday.com/endocrinology/generalendocrinology/43123 Online: Last Accessed Oct. 15, 2019
2 Department of Health and Human Services National Institutes of Health. Progesterone Online: https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a604017.html Accessed Oct. 15, 2019
3 Campagnoli C, Clavel-Chapelon F, Kaaks R, Peris C, Berrino F. Progestins and progesterone in hormone replacement therapy and the risk of breast cancer. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2005;96(2):95–108. doi:10.1016/j.jsbmb.2005.02.014
You should not use HRT if you
- Think that you are pregnant
- Have problems with vaginal bleeding
- Have had certain kinds of cancers
- Have had a stroke or heart attack
- Have had blood clots
- Have liver disease
Talk to your doctor about drinking grapefruit juice while taking this medication.
Before taking progesterone tell your doctor and pharmacist the following:
- If you are allergic to progesterone, oral contraceptives (birth control pills), hormone replacement therapy, any other medications, or peanuts.
- What other prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, and nutritional supplements you are taking. Be sure to mention any of the following: amiodarone (Cordarone, Pacerone); antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), itraconazole (Sporanox), and ketoconazole (Nizoral); cimetidine (Tagamet); clarithromycin (Biaxin); cyclosporine (Neoral, Samdimmune); danazol (Danocrine); delaviridine (Rescriptor); diltiazem (Cardizem, Dilacor, Tiazac); erythromycin (E.E.S, E-Mycin, Erythrocin); fluoxetine (Prozac, Sarafem); fluvoxamine (Luvox); HIV protease inhibitors such as indinavir (Crixivan), ritonavir (Norvir), and saquinavir (Fortovase); isoniazid (INH, Nydrazid); lansoprazole (Prevacid, Prevpac); metronidazole (Flagyl); nefazodone (Serzone); omeprazole (Prilosec); oral contraceptives (birth control pills); ticlopidine (Ticlid); troleandomycin (TAO); verapamil (Calan, Covera, Isoptin, Verelan); and zafirlukast (Accolate). Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.
- Herbal products you are taking, especially St. John's wort.
- If you have or have ever had unexplained vaginal bleeding between periods; a miscarriage in which some tissue was left in the uterus; cancer of the breasts or female organs; seizures; migraine headaches; asthma; diabetes; depression; blood clots in the legs, lungs, eyes, brain, or anywhere in the body; stroke or mini stroke; vision problems; or liver, kidney, heart, or gallbladder disease .
- If you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking progesterone, call your doctor.
- If you are having surgery, including dental surgery, tell the doctor or dentist that you are taking progesterone.
Talk to your doctor about drinking grapefruit juice while taking this medication.
What side effects can this medication cause? Progesterone may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
- Breast tenderness or pain
- Upset stomach
- Muscle, joint, or bone pain
- Mood swings
- Excessive worrying
- Runny nose
- Vaginal discharge
- Problems urinating
This Product Is FSA/HSA Eligible
Score! You may purchase this product by simply using your FSA/HSA debit card at checkout.
How Do I Use My FSA/HSA Debit Card At MintRx?
- Place all of your qualifying items in your cart. All MintRx prescriptions, including our custom-made medications, are approved for FSA and HSA purchase. Also, use your FSA/HSA debit for qualified over-the-counter items such as at-home lab tests and acne treatments. We've marked each FSA/HSA eligible item with a badge.
- Make your purchase using your debit card.
What If I Want To Purchase Items That Are Not FSA/HSA Approved?
If you are also buying non-eligible FSA/HSA items, you are required to make a separate transaction.
What Are FSA and HSA Accounts?
FSA's and HSA's are federal programs that make it easy for you to enjoy significant tax benefits for qualified out-of-pocket medical expenses. Each program works a little differently but with each you avoid federal, state and local income taxes on any funds that you use for qualified medical expenses.
FSA tax benefits are administered by your job. Funds in an amount that you decide —within the program limits—are withdrawn from your paycheck without any payroll tax deductions.
Tax benefits with an HSA may be administered that way but there are also other options.
How Do I Use My FSA/HSA Funds?
You can use a pre-loaded debit card or get reimbursed from your FSA or HSA account after you make your purchase or a combination of both methods.