Dutasteride - Generic Avodart - .5mg
Priced Per Pill
Common 30-Day Supply: 30
Reduce trips to the bathroom with gutasteride (Avodart) It treats Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) by inhibiting the action of two enzymes involved in the conversion of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone (DHT). High DHT contributes to an enlarged prostate. Dutasteride can also help improve urinary problems associated with BPH and prevent the need for prostate surgery.
Before taking Dutasteride:
- Tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to dutasteride, finasteride (Propecia, Proscar), any other medications, or any of the ingredients in dutasteride capsules.
- Ask your doctor or check the manufacturer's patient information for a list of the ingredients.
- Tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take.
- Be sure to mention any of the following: antifungals such as ketoconazole (Nizoral); cimetidine (Tagamet); ciprofloxacin (Cipro); diltiazem (Cardizem, Dilacor, Tiazac); ritonavir, (Norvir), troleandomycin (TAO); and verapamil (Calan, Covera, Isoptin, Verelan). Your doctor may need to change the doses of your medications or monitor you carefully for side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you have or have ever had liver disease or prostate cancer.
Dutasteride is for use only in men.
Women, especially those who are or may become pregnant, should not handle dutasteride capsules. Touching the contents of the capsules may harm the fetus. If a woman who is pregnant or who could become pregnant accidentally touches leaking capsules, she should wash the area with soap and water immediately and call her doctor.
You should not donate blood while you are taking dutasteride and for 6 months after you stop taking this medication.
Talk to your doctor about drinking grapefruit juice while taking this medicine.
Possible Side Effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
- Inability to have or maintain an erection
- Decrease in sex drive Problems with ejaculation
Some side effects may be serious. Call your doctor immediately or get emergency medical help if you experience any of these side effects:
- Changes in the breasts such as increased size, lumps, pain, or nipple discharge
- Swelling of the face, tongue, or throat
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
- Peeling skin
Taking dutasteride may increase the risk that you will develop high-grade prostate cancer (a type of prostate cancer that spreads and grows more quickly than other types of prostate cancer). Talk to your doctor about the risks of taking dutasteride.
Dutasteride may cause other side effects. Call your doctor if you have any unusual problems while taking this medication.
If you experience a serious side effect, you or your doctor may send a report to the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program online (http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch) or by phone (1-800-332-1088).
This Product Is FSA/HSA Eligible
Score! You may purchase this product by simply using your FSA/HSA debit card at checkout.
How Do I Use My FSA/HSA Debit Card At MintRx?
- Place all of your qualifying items in your cart. All MintRx prescriptions, including our custom-made medications, are approved for FSA and HSA purchase. Also, use your FSA/HSA debit for qualified over-the-counter items such as at-home lab tests and acne treatments. We've marked each FSA/HSA eligible item with a badge.
- Make your purchase using your debit card.
What If I Want To Purchase Items That Are Not FSA/HSA Approved?
If you are also buying non-eligible FSA/HSA items, you are required to make a separate transaction.
What Are FSA and HSA Accounts?
FSA's and HSA's are federal programs that make it easy for you to enjoy significant tax benefits for qualified out-of-pocket medical expenses. Each program works a little differently but with each you avoid federal, state and local income taxes on any funds that you use for qualified medical expenses.
FSA tax benefits are administered by your job. Funds in an amount that you decide —within the program limits—are withdrawn from your paycheck without any payroll tax deductions.
Tax benefits with an HSA may be administered that way but there are also other options.
How Do I Use My FSA/HSA Funds?
You can use a pre-loaded debit card or get reimbursed from your FSA or HSA account after you make your purchase or a combination of both methods.