Famciclovir - Generic Famvir -125mg
Famciclovir - Generic Famvir -125mg
How it works
Step 1. No Prescription?
No problem! Choose "I need a prescription" and get treated online by a third-party telehealth service provider. Avoid the hassle and expense of visiting a doctor's office.
Step 2. You Have a Prescription
Just upload a photo of your prescription after checkout. You can also text us a picture of your prescription or prescription label to 561-406-9485.
We will call your doctor to confirm the prescription or your physician can "escript"(send electronically) it to our pharmacy at Mint Pharmacy and Skin Clinic, 1201 US Hwy 1 Ste 305C, North Palm Beach Florida.
Only choose "I have a prescription" if your doctor can validate and has prescribed this specific drug and dosage.
Step 3. Your Order Is Processed
Once we receive your prescription from our doctor or yours, we will process your order. We only authorize your credit card at checkout and won't charge your card until we obtain a valid prescription.
Step 4. Your Medication Is Shipped
Your medication is on its way! We ship directly to your door. Never wait in a pharmacy line again!
Please note: We cannot provide telemedicine or ship prescription medication to LA.
Famciclovir, the generic version of Famvir, treats current herpes outbreaks in the mouth and genitals by speeding up healing and reducing the shedding period, which is when the virus is contagious to others. It is also prescribed for suppression therapy which reduces the severity and occurrence of future breakouts.
Make Living With Herpes, HSV-1 and HSV-2, Easier With Famciclovir
Although there is no cure for herpes, it can be controlled with the medication famciclovir, the generic version of Famvir. It treats current herpes outbreaks in the mouth (HSV-1) and genitals (HSV-2) by speeding up healing and reducing the shedding period, which is when the virus is contagious to others. Famciclovir is also prescribed for suppression therapy which reduces the severity and occurrence of future outbreaks.
Famciclovir works best when taken at the first signs of an outbreak. Early symptoms genital herpes outbreak include tingling or burning in the groin and upper thigh area. Burning in the mouth and lips and a sore throat may be early signs of an oral herpes outbreak. A slight fever and swollen glands are also commons signs.
What Is The Difference Between HSV-1 And HSV-2?
Herpes Simplex 1 (HSV-1) causes oral herpes. HSV-1 breakouts include painful sores in and around the mouth and on the lips. Sores around the mouth may scab over before healing.
Herpes Simplex 2 (HSV-2) causes genital herpes. A full genital herpes outbreak starts with small blisters that eventually burst and spread. They are painful and then scab over before healing.
HSV-1 can spread to the genitals and HSV-2 can spread to the mouth.
Children infected with the herpes virus can get chickenpox. Adults may develop shingles.
HSV-1 and HSV-2 Facts
- By the age of 50, on average 85% of people in the United States are carriers of either the HSV-1 or the HSV-2 virus.
- 25% of women over the age of 18, and 20% of men in the US carry the HSV-2 (genital herpes) virus.
- There are over 50 million people in the US living with the herpes virus.
- Most people do not know that they are carriers.
- In some cases, the virus can cause no symptoms at all but the infected individual still can spread the virus to others.
To ensure that we provide you with the best price, we may substitute one generic for another.
Before taking famciclovir:
- Tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to famciclovir, penciclovir cream (Denavir), acyclovir (Zovirax), any other medications, or lactose.
- Tell your doctor and pharmacist what other prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins, nutritional supplement, and herbal products you are taking or plan to take, especially probenecid (Benemid).
- Tell your doctor if you have or have ever had problems with your immune system, human immunodeficiency virus infection (HIV), or acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS); galactose intolerance or glucose-galactose malabsorption (inherited conditions where the body is not able to tolerate lactose); or kidney or liver disease.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking famciclovir, call your doctor.
- You should know that famciclovir may make you drowsy, dizzy, confused, or disoriented. Do not drive a car or operate machinery until you know how this medication affects you.
Famciclovir may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of the symptoms listed above and below are severe or do not go away:
- Diarrhea or loose stools
- Stomach pain
- Painful menstrual periods
If you experience any of the following side effects, call your doctor immediately:
- Numbness, or tingling in the hands or feet
Unless your doctor tells you otherwise, continue your normal diet.
If you miss a dose, take the missed dose as soon as you remember it, and take any remaining doses for that day at evenly spaced intervals. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
If you experience a serious side effect, you or your doctor may send a report to the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program online http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatchor by phone (1-800-332-1088).
Storage and disposal:
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom).
It is important to keep all medication out of sight and reach of children as many containers (such as weekly pill minders and those for eye drops, creams, patches, and inhalers) are not child-resistant and young children can open them easily. To protect young children from poisoning, always lock safety caps and immediately place the medication in a safe location – one that is up and away and out of their sight and reach. Visit http://www.upandaway.org for more information.
Unneeded medications should be disposed of in special ways to ensure that pets, children, and other people cannot consume them. However, you should not flush this medication down the toilet. Instead, the best way to dispose of your medication is through a medicine take-back program. Talk to your pharmacist or contact your local garbage/recycling department to learn about take-back programs in your community. See the FDA's Safe Disposal of Medicines website http://goo.gl/c4Rm4p for more information if you do not have access to a take-back program.
In case of overdose, call the poison control helpline at 1-800-222-1222. Information is also available online https://www.poisonhelp.org/help. If the victim has collapsed, had a seizure, has trouble breathing, or can't be awakened, immediately call emergency services at 911.
This Product Is FSA/HSA Eligible
Score! You may purchase this product by simply using your FSA/HSA debit card at checkout.
How Do I Use My FSA/HSA Debit Card At MintRx?
- Place all of your qualifying items in your cart. All MintRx prescriptions, including our custom-made medications, are approved for FSA and HSA purchase. Also, use your FSA/HSA debit for qualified over-the-counter items such as at-home lab tests and acne treatments. We've marked each FSA/HSA eligible item with a badge.
- Make your purchase using your debit card.
What If I Want To Purchase Items That Are Not FSA/HSA Approved?
If you are also buying non-eligible FSA/HSA items, you are required to make a separate transaction.
What Are FSA and HSA Accounts?
FSA's and HSA's are federal programs that make it easy for you to enjoy significant tax benefits for qualified out-of-pocket medical expenses. Each program works a little differently but with each you avoid federal, state and local income taxes on any funds that you use for qualified medical expenses.
FSA tax benefits are administered by your job. Funds in an amount that you decide —within the program limits—are withdrawn from your paycheck without any payroll tax deductions.
Tax benefits with an HSA may be administered that way but there are also other options.
How Do I Use My FSA/HSA Funds?
You can use a pre-loaded debit card or get reimbursed from your FSA or HSA account after you make your purchase or a combination of both methods.