Obagi360 Retinol 1.0%
Obagi360 Retinol 1.0% is a great choice for the 20s to 30s age group to stop early signs of aging in its tracks. This high concentration retinol is strong enough to minimize fine lines and lighten hyperpigmentation but gentle enough for sensitive skin.
Smart skincare habits start with Obagi retinol 1.0%
For beginners to retinol or younger skin, Obagi360 retinol is a great entrée into your skincare routine for life. This non-prescription retinoid is less irritating than prescription grade tretinoin. Ideal as an early intervention that can help fade sun damage, hyperpigmentation, and wrinkles. The age range for 1 percent OTC retinol is usually 20s to 30s. Retinol is recommended to even out a blotchy complexion, lighten minor hyperpigmentation from early sun damage and soften rough skin.
What's the difference between tretinoin and retinol?
Retinol is derived from Vitamin A, and like tretinoin, is part of the class of compounds called retinoids. Retinol is sold over the counter but tretinoin requires a prescription.
Before retinol can reach the deepest layer of the skin to stimulate skin cell production, it must undergo a two-step transformation on the outer layers of the skin. Retinol's potency weakens as it is synthesized by the body. In comparison, tretinoin is already changed into the form of Vitamin A that the skin can use right away. This makes tretinoin stronger than retinol because the full concentration reaches the deepest layer of the skin.
Obagi study: 90% saw anti-aging results
In a 3-week facial irritation evaluation of users of Retinol 1.0%, investigators observed:
- No statistically significant difference in erythema or dryness vs baseline at any point in the study
- No flaking observed in any participant during the course of the study
- Patients were also highly satisfied with Retinol 1.0%:1*
- 90% saw an improvement in facial appearance
- 88% felt their skin was more resilient
- 88% would purchase the product
- 88% would recommend the product to a friend
*Based on a study of 33 participants.
1 Final report: a facial irritation evaluation of a cosmetic retinol product after 3 weeks of product use. April 22, 2013. Obagi Cosmeceuticals LLC. Data on file.
|Is a Prescription Product||No|
|Use or Effects||Anti-Aging|
Key Ingredients: Entrapped Retinol, Shea Butter, Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q10), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate (Licorice Extract), Jojoba Oil, and an Extract Blend of Chamomile, Calendula, St. John’s Wort, Mallow Flower, Sage Leaf and Elderberry .
- Obagi-C Rx System (Normal to Dry) (Prescription Product)Special Price $317.90 Regular Price $374.00
- Obagi Nu-Derm Clear Rx (Prescription Product)Special Price $91.80 Regular Price $108.00